Tuesday, July 04, 2023

The HERO of Hooks

When I first started collecting and researching crochet hooks, my sister gave me a hook she accidentally discovered in an antique shop. I now refer to that hook she handed me as my HERO of hooks! And over the years has become a lucky addition to my HERO hook collection. HERO hooks have a head design that falls in between a Boye and a Bates. So it's the perfect hook to use if you're having a problem with getting the proper gauge. Sadly, production of these hooks ceased in the middle of the 1980s. As of now, you must search flea markets, estate sales, eBay, Etsy, or antique shops for a HERO hook. But it is well worth the search to own one of these vintage collectables. Let me know in the comments if you have a HERO in your hook collection!

No comments: